The Silverback Awards: Here is the Full List of Winners
Uganda Advertising Association, the umbrella body of advertising and marketing agencies in the country, held its annual awards ceremony dubbed 'The Silverback Awards' under the theme 'The Future of Advertising and Marketing.'
The event was held recently at the Kampala Serena Hotel, where star performers in the media and advertising agencies were awarded for outstanding work and excellence, in service delivery in Uganda.
Frank Muthusi, the chairman of the Uganda Advertising Association, said, “We are happy that these awards celebrate us and the work we have been able to deliver not only to our client’s satisfaction but as well shape the society in which we operate.”
He added, “The dream of the advertising and marketing industry in Uganda is to build capacity which will enable us to compete favorably with international agencies on jobs that will add to revenue, reputation, and as well attract opportunities for our local talents.”
The Silverback awards also recognized Adris Kamuli in the category of lifetime achievement award, for his contribution to the advertising industry in terms of mentorship and investment, which steered the sector’s growth over the years.
The other winners included;
• TV Ad of the Year - MTN Freedom Bundle by TBWA
• Print Ad of the Year - Today Tomorrow by QG Group
• PR Campaign of the Year - Range Rover Girl by Liveworks
• Media Campaign of the year - Nile Breweries Club Pilsner Can Launch by Dentsu
• Social Good Award - Rotary Cancer Run – Rotary Club Uganda by Maad McCann
• Campaign of the Year - Nile Special Mystery Chest (Nile Breweries) by TBWA
• Brand of the Year - Club Pilsner Agency of the year by TBWA
• Creative Director of the Year - by Eric Mununuzi
• Copywriter of the Year - Eric Mununuzi
• Art Director of the year - Francis Kiiza
This year’s award celebrations began with a symposium on 'Integrated Marketing,' which aimed at tackling industry issues by bringing key stakeholders, subject matter experts, and thought leaders together to discuss and find viable solutions.
“The advertising industry has many challenges, and it is our role as Uganda Advertising Association to drive conversations that will provide solutions in our workspace, which will shape our growth as a sector,” Muthusi concluded.
- 180 views
Join the conversation